Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Day 21-22, rest days, Magdeburg...

Well g'day again folks, I was having a think this morning about how I could make the last two rest days a bit more exciting for you all. I figured you probably didn't need to know about the new pair of shoes I purchased in preparation for the impending European chill... My old faithful slimline converse aren't gonna cut the mustard for much longer. That's a funny phrase isn't it. Cut the mustard. The brother Eastwood tried to explain it to me in Berlin, but I still didn't really get it. I know I was making fun of German Idioms the other day, but we have a few strange ones of our own. Off the top of my head - 'Two shakes of a lambs tail' is particularly vexing. Why the fuck would you shake a lambs tail? And then do it again? Is the tail still attached to the Lamb? And what does the Lamb think about that? What if it pissed on you? And more to the point, how does that equate to doing something quickly? I know there's probably some logical explanation, but a part of me doesn't want to find out. I prefer to remain bemused by the sense of mystery and sheer illogicality of it all. Anyway moving on...

Once again, I was having a think this morning about how I could make the last two rest days a bit more exciting for you all, and then it hit me... PHOTOS! Yes. What a great idea St George. So here's a few that haven't made the cut so far, a little peek into my adventures over the past few weeks..... Enjoy!


A beautiful old Audi in Kiel...


With Torben Stock at 'Baby I grew you a beard' in Hamburg.
It was nice of Torben to grow one on my behalf...


Sign for the men's toilet, somewhere between Kiel and Berlin...


Sign for the women's toilet in the same place. You'll note the considerable amount of time that must have been spent creating a unique image for the 'woman'. The question being - if you saw this one first, would you know it was a woman? (I had to walk into the wrong toilet to figure it out...). And is putting a finger in your mouth a common sign for needing to go to the toilet here in Germany? I don't know. I just don't know...


First house concert of the tour, night 3 in Duisburg...


Brett and Kent performing at Prinz Willy, Kiel. Before I was Brett...


In Sundern (or Wulfringhausen to be exact), we stayed next to an old dairy farm. I don't really drink milk, but I loved this sign...


Lost in the woods near Sundern...


On stage at Der Schlauch, Wismar...


Lena and Kent in Magdeburg (I think)


Practising for the 'Vondoful Australian Songwriter Collective' debut performance in Magdeburg. Brett, Kent, Tim and myself. One hour till show time, just figuring out chords, realising we'd all listened to the wrong version of Kent's song, that type of thing....


And a final salute to Mikro on sound for our final performance together at the Oli Cinema in Magdeburg last Sunday. Travel safe fellas, was great having you around!

Thanks for taking an interest in our little adventures over here. My next show is in Berlin this Friday 11th, with my old friend and beautiful local songstress Mari Mana. If you'd like to come along, then you can CLICK HERE for more info. We'd love to see you....x

Or you can click here to see it advertised on a German website. Cool!

No comments: