Monday, December 08, 2008

The Weekly... Volume..... Um.... December

Well this is the monthly group email - I will work out exactly which weekly I am up to next time round. For now, I'll leave you with the following show updates:

WED 10 & THURS 11 ..THE MANLY DOUBLE!
No I don't mean two blokes - I mean the suburb of Manly. And a manly suburb it is! (Sort of, depending on how you look at it).

WED 10/12 - The Old Manly Boatshed
Solo show - On stage 9pm.
www.songwriterslive.com.au
Free Entry

THURS 11/12 - In Situ, Manly
18 Sydney Road (Just off the Corso).
Solo show 7.30 - 10.30pm.
Three hours of power - can you handle it?!
Free Entry. Great tapas menu.


FRI 12 DEC - BATHURST - THE KINGS HOTEL
Solo Show from 10pm.
Another 3 hours of power!
60 George Street, Bathurst.
You might want to do a road trip and check out Mt Panorama. It's cool.
The last two trips to Bathurst, there has been a brawl in the pub on both occasions. To this point I have resisted the urge to enclose the stage area in chicken wire a la the Good Old Boys / Blues Brothers, but I might get a few quotes from the local Bunnings this time round just in case...


If anyone makes it to both In Situ AND Bathurst (that would be 6 Hours of Power), I will pay for your appointment with a therapist the next week.


SUN 21 DECEMBER - THE INAUGURAL RENNY FIELD BAND CHRISTMAS SPECTACULAR SPECTACULAR!
Yes I did use the word Spectacular twice. And no it still doesn't even come close to describing how Spectacular this will be. I will be trying to feature a whole host of people who have played with the band over the past year. That means a lot of people on a fairly small stage, but it'll be fun.
Celebrating the year that was, and ushering in the better year that will be. (Or just chilling out after a big Saturday night - it's up to you).
Early show, so you'll all be able to get your beauty sleep.

THE EXCELSIOR HOTEL
64 Foveaux Street, Surry Hills.
Doors Open 5pm. Music from 6pm.
With Special Guest Brett Winterford (Peregrine).
And another... but you'll have to wait and see..
Tickets $10 at the Door.
Food available at the pub.


31 DECEMBER - NEW YEARS EVE
I'll be performing at the Peats Ridge Festival.
On stage 10pm at the Chai Tea Temple.
(Yes there is a Chai Tea Temple, and yes I am playing at it).
Mainly solo, but with a few to help out. Should be fun.
A great lineup of local and international artists - just over an hour from Sydney.
You could do worse!
www.peatsridgefestival.com.au


2009.....

BACK TO BAR ME
FRI 9 JAN - SOLO HEADLINE SHOW
Looking forward to returning to one of my favourite venues in Sydney.
Nice grand piano, and a great little room.
Book for Dinner and a Show - www.barme.com.au


TAMWORTH TOUR:

WED 21 JAN, THURS 22 JAN, FRI 23 JAN
THE LONGYARD, TAMWORTH
Round Robin Show with Sam Buckingham and Sarah Humphreys.
Singing songs, sharing stories.
10am - 1pm Each Day.
Next to the Golden Guitar.
FREE ENTRY

SUN 25 JAN - JUST CONFIRMED..
GLEN INNES!
With Kent Eastwood, Sam Buckingham, Sarah Humphreys.
More info to come.


FOR REGULAR UPDATES (and there will be a few), log on to www.myspace.com/rennyfield


---------------------------------------------------


THANKS THANKS THANKS!

To everyone who has been to see a show in 2008, offered their encouragement, bought a CD, helped me out in a distant land, told a friend, signed the mailing list, or did something that made my little journey here more enjoyable. That goes out to all of you who ignored me whilst I was busking at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival (because now there is a great little video on youtube which I find very amusing), and in particular it goes out to the Jehovas Witness dude who tried to give me a flyer whilst I was in the middle of a song at a show in Ireland. My friend, you may think I had the sh..... s at the time, but I will be using that story for the rest of my life. So really, I can't thank you enough.

It has been a pretty crazy sort to year (in a good way), and I am looking forward to more of the same in 2009.

Best wishes to everyone for Christmas and the New Year, and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Much love,

Renny


-----------------------------------------------------


PS.

The astute observers will remember that I was recording an album. That is still happening - in between all of the above. A bit crazy, but we're getting there.

But the plan is for a release early next year, so hang in there... Thanks for bearing with me.

In the mean time, grab yourself a great deal on some Christmas Presents:

www.rennyfield.com

(Hey you can't blame a guy for trying).

No comments: