Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The Weekly... Volume 13

Hello again - less than a week left here in Sydney... Hard to say how I feel about it all at this stage, but Excited is perhaps a reasonable summation. Innit.

I have put some new songs up on my page which are part of a Live Tour CD I will have with me in Europe... The CD features tracks recorded at Bar Me and The Excelsior Hotel in Sydney, as well as Ruby's Lounge in Belgrave VIC. (And a couple from my Bedroom... just for laughs...)

It's been a good week with the Final Show at The Excelsior (thanks again to everyone who made an appearance), and some great performances by Cookie Baker, Sarah Humphreys and The Falls. I feel very fortunate to know so many amazing local artists - all of whom inspire me in different ways. I have enjoyed sharing the stage with them throughout this past month.

Also this week my brother's band (The Mischief) launched their 2nd EP at Candy's Apartment. Sounds great, and the guys are TOIGHT! Check it...

www.myspace.com/themischiefmusic

They have a new Tarago... I used to have a Tarago, but someone ran into it....

Tonight I am off to watch a mini-doco that I wrote some music for. It's a sports doco, so I'm not exactly sure how the song I wrote is going to sound as accompaniment to a game of footy, but we'll see. In any case, it was a good challenge, and I'd like to do more of that sort of thing as I continue on this little path here...

Finally I should mention my good friend Kent Eastwood (who is playing the Piano accordion on my song "The Birds" on my page...) - Kent did a superb job on said accordion the other night with Clare Bowditch at the Basement. He's also about to release a brand new album of his own - worth a listen.

www.myspace.com/kenteastwood

I think that'll do me for now. See you soon.

Renny

No comments: