Thursday, November 28, 2013

Till next time, thanks for the memories...

Three and a half months, 40 shows, a bit of recording, two weddings, a whole lot of driving and a few dodgy kebabs and now here I am, back in Australia, a bit exhausted on the one hand but extremely thankful on the other that music continues to give me some incredible opportunities. Still no Kombi van, but these things take time (especially when they become vintage collectors items, who's idea was that anyway? Dear me.). The highlight? Well the people I'd have to say, I love meeting new people. Good people. In different parts of the world. People you barely knew 6 months ago who are now good friends, sure to be a part of your life somehow in the years ahead. The lowlight? Well not to get all TMI on you, but that'd probably be taking a dump beside the autobahn on an old metal toilet with no seat. Come on folks, we've all been there, it sucks. But if that's the worst that can happen to you when you play 40 gigs in Europe, then I reckon that's alright. (Sorry it's just the first thing that came into my head, never question the muse...!)

Sunday night in London was the final show of the tour, a real pleasure to share the stage with some very good friends and share the experience with a good few more who'd made the trip down on a rainy old Sunday evening. In no particular order, thanks to Evanjack, Schrav, Jimmi Nolan, Redvers Bailey, Tom Figgins, Emily Dolan Davies, Diana from Berlin and finally Jay on the desk for a wonderful night of music. Couldn't have asked for a better way to finish the trip! It seems a shame to leave London again in many ways, but Sunday's gig reminded me there'll always be a place for me whenever I return, either as a resident or a visitor. It's a nice feeling to have, a feeling of belonging, of being part of a community, the type of feeling that's not always easy to find when you spend so much time on the road. And it's nice to know that wherever I am in the future, my friends in London will still be a part of the journey, even if we're not always in the same place.

So to round off the tour blog, let me say a final thanks to everyone. And by that I mean EVERYONE who's played a part in the tour over the past few months. Too many to name individually, but rest assured I've made a mental note of each and every one of you as I've been typing this final entry. It's been a heck of a trip, one I'll never forget and not the last by any means. Sooner or later I'll have to stop somewhere sure, put some roots down for a while, but for the time being there's places to see, people to visit, discoveries to be made and music to be shared. In the short term there's also a beach waiting for me in Avalon, where I'll likely nod off for the next week or so before hitting the road again. Will be taking a bit of a break from the interwebs for a while (let's call it some time out to work on the base tan...) but I'll be back with more news soon enough. Till then stay well, keep smiling and keep singing, even if its just in the shower. Or in a toilet beside the autobahn for that matter, that's ok too. A little strange perhaps but completely fine if that's your calling. For those of you who'd like keep track of my whereabouts over the next few months, best to visit the website and navigate your way from there. More dates to come this week...

www.rennyfield.com

Will leave you with a little clip from last week in London, recorded with Evanjack and Redvers in Scotty's basement. Fare thee well folks, fare thee well x

1 comment:

Daniel Efosa Uyi said...

I Visit lot of sites but This blog's article is very nice beacuse this site content is very nice and this is google friendly site. thanks for good articles. The way you writes reminds me of an equally interesting post that I read some time ago on Daniel Uyi's blog: 5 Great Inspirational Quotes And How They Can Help You Grow .
keep up the good work.

Regards