Monday, February 16, 2009

The Weekly... Volume 28

**The Volume 28 Challenge**

I will be taking suggestions for the topic of a new song, and I need your ideas. The winner will be announced with the song in 2 weeks time. So all you need to do is comment on this blog with your suggestion, and I will post the new tune along with The Weekly Volume 30. Hey it might be terrible, but it will be good fun. Which is sort of the point. I am not sure if anyone will actually read this in time, but in that case I will write the song about a musician who posts blogs on myspace that no-one ever reads. That will almost definitely be terrible, but it will still be fun. Possibly...

Random ideas more than welcome.

OK moving on...

A story for you all...

The other day I was catching a bus into the city, and there were THREE cameras on the thing. Three! Plus there was a TV screen rotating between the three cameras just to remind everyone they were being filmed. Could someone please explain to me why it is necessary to film a bus-load of pensioners and out of work musicians at lunchtime on a Tuesday? It felt like a scene out of the movie "Speed" - you know the one where the bus has to stay at 50 miles per hour. Only there was no Sandra Bullock for me to save. Which was a shame really, because it was one of those rare situations where the out of work musician may have stood a chance. But yeah - three cameras. How about that. I suppose this is the sort of society we live in. Bugger.

Might mention a gig coming up at the end of the month - you should come along if you're free. It'll be great:

Wed 25 Feb. The Excelsior Hotel. 64 Foveaux Street, Surry Hills.
Supporting Sam Buckingham and Sarah Humphreys.
Solo show. Doors open 8pm. Tix $12.
Renny on stage at 10pm.
Sam and Sarah have been doing a residency each Wednesday in February. I went last week and it was a cracker. It's really nice of them to ask me to play the final spot of the month. Can't wait.

Not a whole lot to report this week (as you may have been able to tell). Recording is still ticking along pretty nicely. I'll start to put a few rough mixes up soon.

In summing up, it's been emotional.

I'll do my best to raise the bar for Volume 29. Promise.

Cheerio

No comments: