Monday, September 07, 2009

MOLLY MAE - Single Launch


Hi Everyone, how are you?

Here at camp Field, it's all action. Well as much action as you can cram into a one-bedroom apartment in Manly anyway. Oh dear, that really doesn't sound all that appropriate for a music mailout does it.... How about I stop there and give you the info:

Prior to the release of the Album, we've got a big show coming up in Sydney with our good friends Peregrine. It's the launch of the first single "Molly Mae". Who really did look like a simple girl... The single will be out mid-September on i-tunes, and there are wild rumours circulating that you will receive some sort of annoying email asking you to request it on the radio, but I cannot confirm or deny these reports.

FRI 18TH SEPTEMBER - "MOLLY MAE" Single Launch
METRO THEATRE (THE LAIR)
George Street, Sydney.
Full Band Show, with Peregrine and Iron Bar Hotel.
Advance tix now available on line:
http://www.metrotheatre.com.au/events/2009/09/18/peregrine-in-the-lair-the-metro
Music from 8pm!

Also, a mini-single-launch-toury-thingy booked in for September:

TUE 15/11 WOLLONGONG UNI BAR

WED 16/11 THE OLD MANLY BOATSHED

SUN 20/11 PURE POP RECORDS, ST KILDA

TUE 22/11 THE ESPY, ST KILDA

SAT 26/11 ORIENTAL HOTEL, MUDGEE

Stay tuned to myspace for more info on the above shows, and also if you want to have a listen to "Molly Mae" herself.


-----------------------------------------------


THE ARENA - ALBUM NEWS:

Well I am steadily working my way through the weekly album previews on myspace. This week I am up to Track 5 - Crossfire - which seems to be a popular one at the live shows. I am never quite sure why people enjoy a song which ends with the word "killed", but there you go.... (Ok, so I don't mind it either, and I was very fortunate to have some good friends work with me on the recording. I think the end result is almost as good as The Look by Roxette).

Plenty of news on the tour front as well - check out the gig guide for all the dates we have locked in so far, plus more to be confirmed.

Anywhere else you can recommend? Please feel free to drop me a line.

renny@rennyfield.com


----------------------------------------


NOTICEBOARD:

A couple of my friends are doing very cool things in the next month. Both these girls sang on my album, and I love 'em!

SARAH HUMPHREYS is launching her latest EP "Autumn" on 2 October at The Entrance Leagues Club.
www.myspace.com/sarahhumphreys

SAM BUCKINGHAM also has a rocking EP which will be released a few days later. With a big launch at The Vanguard on 15th October.
And would you believe - she even asked me to sing on it!
(Apparently the guy from Roxette turned her down... )
www.myspace.com/sambuckinghammusic
Na na na na na - she's got the look!

OK that's it from me. Enough is enough.

See you soon.

Somewhere.

Cheers,

Renny

No comments: