Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Weekly... Volume 37

So there has been a bit of a break there... I apologise. I'll admit it - I gave myself a short holiday. Did I deserve it? Probably not. Could I afford it? Only because someone else was renting the house. Thanks to the Family! Would have been a perfect little getaway if it wasn't for the rocks that decided to attack my feet on my last day there. Not pretty, but I can still walk. Life's little way of reminding me that I am not Kelly Slater...

I was suprised to find, on my way out of Sydney, an old Wurlitzer Organ on the side of the Pacific Highway. One of the old things with the two keyboards, sound banks, bass pedals and volume pedal for the speaker. A D4030 I think is the model. I thought as I was driving past that it might be worth something... Which, as it turns out, it is not. Actually it seems to be a piece of crap, but i might be fun to use on a recording in the future some time (with a bit of restoration). I figure it must have looked amusing - strange bald bloke on the side of the highway wrestling with an old beaten-up organ trying to get it in the back of his old station wagon. Not to mention the 100m or so I had to drive the wrong way down the Pacific Highway against the flow of peak hour traffic. That was an interesting challenge.

I have hit the studio again - slowly working through the mixing of the Album, and it's going pretty well. All very time-consuming, but it'll only ever get faster I suppose. The lingering Flu is lifting, althought it doesn't seem to be in a great rush. I don't know how to accelerate the process, but I am trying to rest (which I am not very good at, as a rule).

A few good shows coming up with a trip to Wagga in the mix as well. Check out the gig list and pop on down if you can. Badloves this Sunday night at the Brass Monkey! Will they send a Green Limousine to pick me up? I think not... but it should be good fun.

See you all soon,

Renny

No comments: