Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Weekly... Volume 6

Apologies weekly fans... This has been a hectic few days. Moving house, preparing to go overseas, road trips, camping, gigs. Well you know how it goes. Some things get missed... As I type this, I am still yet to finish packing my things for Phuket (see gigs...), and it is after midnight. Again this comes as no surprise, because although I made a plan some time this afternoon to be in bed before midnight, I kind of knew that I would figure out a way to be up a lot longer than that. That's just the way it's always been. I have learned to live with it.

So...

I haved move out of the city. Yes. And although I will miss the convenience, I certainly won't miss Fitzroy Street a great deal. Not the cars, nor the trucks, nor the buses, nor the tow trucks that used to pull up outside my bedroom window at 5.30 in the morning to move cars from the clearway zone. Ah yes the joys of inner city living. And that's just the traffic. Make no mention of the neighbour who asks for garbage bags in the middle of the night dressed only in a pair of Y-fronts. Not something anybody needs to experience let me tell you.

Anyway there is a point to this. That is to say farewell!! This time in 2 days I will be belting out a few of the classics in Thailand. Either that or I will be lying on the beach somewhere... Depending on what time of day it is... So if you're in the area, why don't you stop by www.twinpalms-phuket.com and say hi. And if you're not in the area, why don't you drop me a line and say hi anyway. I'll be by myself you see. So chances are I'll get back to you. Because in between gigs I'll be on the computer - trying to plan the assault on Europe. But that's another story altogether.

Don't forget - Wednesdays in June we'll be at The Excelsior Hotel in Surry Hills. Every week in fact! Check out the gig list for full details. And speaking of the Excelsior, why don't you check this out why you're at it:

WED 30TH APRIL - Excelsior Hotel Surry Hills
LONG LIVE THE GIRLS..
Sara Storer
Sarah Humphreys
Bec Willis.
Music from 8PM. Tix $15 on the door.
I've been a few times... It's great! And I have it on good authority that there might be a few guest appearances from people who would not normally be playing the Excelsior... That's all I'll say.

OK then, I'll be signing off. Next week you get Thailand stories - assuming I get there in one piece, and I remain in one piece for long enough to make it to the next weekly. Which happens to be a lot less than a week away....

Cheers for now.

Renny

PS - I can't think of a PS. I like them is all. But I just don't have one right now. Next time you get a PS and a PPS.

PPS - I got one - I just booked a gig in Cork! Cool.

PPPS - Ooooh now I am on a roll. Last night I saw Lior at The Basement. Such a great show. Great singer. Great songs. Great band. All the ingredients. And all independent! Gotta love it. You go man.
www.lior.com.au

No comments: